This campground is so beautiful!
I have always loved mountains, and there is no shortage here,
as this whole place is surrounded by mountains!
 |
| This was the view out our motor home window this morning! |
 |
| And as we stepped outside, this is what we saw! |
 |
When I walk outside and look around, I am reminded of the song ♫ As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about His people.♫ |
 |
♫I Lift my eyes up, up to the mountains. Where does my help come from? My help comes from Him, Maker of heaven, Creator of the earth.♫ |
 |
| ♫ I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills...♫ |
 |
Our campsite. We liked it so much we decided to stay a second night! |
 |
| We slept in til 6:30 this morning and within 30 minutes, with our coffee and our Bibles, we were joining NCMF in our home church service. Thanks for the good message on Hebrews, Eric! |
 |
| After church we went back to the lodge for another good meal! |
Toad River Lodge is famous for it's hat collection....10,922 as seen on the white board below. Here we were waiting for our breakfast.
 |
| Funny Joke! |
 |
| Our campsite. |
 |
| Getting wood for our campfire. |
 |
| Chopping wood |
 |
| Frying potatoes and grilling hamburgers. The potatoes were the ones we cooked on Monday evening in preparation for crossing the border on Tuesday. It wouldn't have been necessary because they did not ask about fresh foods. All week we were trying to eat these potatoes so they wouldn't spoil, and for some reason or other it never worked out. Today they were delicious, fried up over the open fire with onion and seasoning! |
 |
Me trying to take a group selfie while we ate! Still learning the technique!😊 But don't you love our dining room? |
 |
| During the evening Marie and I took a walk along the lake. We heard a commotion in the water down over the bank, and with a closer look we saw two beavers tousling right near the edge of the water! We watched them play for about 5 minutes. |
 |
| Then we made a noise and with a flap of the tails they were headed back to their lodge at the end of the lake. |
 |
| We were again blessed to witness another awesome part of His creation! |
What a great place! That second picture is breathtaking!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! I am enjoying the pictures and your descriptive writing! Tell Barb that I said hi.
ReplyDeleteYou're having such fun! So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful campground, no wonder you stayed for 2 days! :) Such a joy to see God's creation through your beautiful pictures! Thanks for your consistent sharing! :)
ReplyDelete