Sunday, July 2, 2017

Friday-June30-Day 10 A Day on the Farm

  I woke up to sunshine and  the birds singing and was happy to know I had had a good night's sleep!  But then I looked at my phone and was disappointed to see it was only 3:45 AM!! So much shorter than I had hoped!๐Ÿ˜’
As we sat at the dinette table sipping our coffee several hours later, we saw Robert going out to do chores. A short while later he came to our window to tell us his sow  named "Holstein" had birthed 11 piglets in the  night!
 Robert takes as good care of his garden as he does his animals!
Mid morning we had brunch of pancakes and eggs!
 Marie was the chef!



In the evening, the Carroll sons and their families came for supper.  This is their oldest son, Robbie, his wife Janeen and their children.

Cool Dude!

Ice cream cones for dessert!  
This is Robbie and Christopher, their second son.

And this is Christopher, his wife Sara and their girls.
Robert, Mildred, and Charles offered such warm hospitality!
We had met Robert and Mildred at Poplar Hill, Red Lake, CA in 1980 when they came to teach at the Indian School, and have been good friends ever since.
Kendrick, the third son, and his wife Mandy and their children.
This is the Carroll's youngest daughter, Larita and her children.
After supper we went to the barn to see the little piggies. Robert enjoys the new wolf hound pups.
Marie is in love!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜…
I'm sorry Marie, but kissing a pig will not turn him
 into a Prince Charming!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜€


1 comment:

  1. Those baby piglets are so cute! How great that they arrived during your visit!

    ReplyDelete