After coffee on the porch with Mildred, we said our good-byes and leisurely headed north on Route 97 from Mile 66. We had no destination goals today and enjoyed the relaxed pace of travel.
The scenery today was breathtakingly beautiful! We were in awe! It brought tears to my eyes several times! I could post dozens of pictures, but I will try to keep it tolerable! Some of the pictures will speak for themselves. And as is always the truth,
pictures do not do justice to the scenery.
It was MORE beautiful than the pictures!
There are no word,s except "How Great Thou Art!"
Praise our Creator with us as we journey
along the Alaska Highway!!
 |
We stopped at a gravel pullout at Adsette Creek to eat lunch and take a driving break. |
 |
| Roadside wild flowers adorned the drive. |
 |
At 1:50 we had our very exciting first bear sighting! We stopped and watched him eating for a few minutes. He was about 15 yards off the highway at Mile 265.
We saw 2 more bear later on our drive.
|
 |
| We pulled off at the top of the summit pass to the most spectacular view. The first thing we saw when we looked across the wall was some bear scat!😌 |
 |
| Our first moose sighting! But she was not a very good specimen of a moose! |
 |
| Snow along the roadside creek. |
 |
| Stone Sheep....now you see them....now you don't! |
 |
| Amazed at the God-given camouflage abilities! |
 |
| We stopped at Tetsa River Campground for some world famous cinnamon buns. |
 |
Marie asked the lady if these are made from scratch and she jokingly replied , "No, they come from Costco!" That started a lively good-natured banter that brought some good laughs! She told us she makes and sells an average of 200 of these per day, for 7 months out of the year! She and her husband are third generation in the business. John and I stopped here 20 years ago for cinnamon buns! |
 |
| At the end of a near perfect day, with our souls singing, we arrived at Toad River Lodge and Campground. |
 |
| When we checked in for our campsite the aroma of the good food allured us into the restaurant for supper. We enjoyed some very good home cooking! |
 |
| And then we had dessert in the motor home. Yes! We can now attest to the fact that the cinnamon buns are considered world famous! |
 |
Still broad daylight but winding down our day for sleep. This campsite just may be the most beautiful we will have! But enough for this time! More about that on the next blog. |
AMAZING!!!!!! Not too sure about those steep curves though!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what you did differently, but now I was able to click on the first picture and then on each of them right in a row without going back to the post. So nice to see these pictures as big as possible!! Truly incredible beauty!!
I don't know that I did anything differently, but I am still learning so I may have changed something that I was not aware of. So glad you are enjoying the beauty with us!
ReplyDelete