 |
Good Morning to all our blog followers!! We are HOME!! It is now Tuesday morning and I am sitting down to write the final post for Awesome Wander, as I enjoy my morning coffee in my new favorite mug.....Alaska Fireweed.....my favorite wild flower. |
 |
| Saturday morning after breakfast with John and Anna, John checked out our rig to be sure everything was A-OK for the final leg homeward. We hit the road at 8:30. |
 |
This is the only picture I took on the road....the tall buildings around Columbus. The trip was basically uneventful.....major highways the whole way home. Some straight and flat, some curvy and hilly.....It was a good trip. After 667 miles on Saturday we dry camped overnight at a Flying J near Millersport, Ohio on Route 70. Sunday morning we drove an hour then stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. We then turned our noses homeward.
Just a bit of interesting trivia here......This was a great year to take this trip, as it is Canada's 150th birthday celebration.
Because of that, we were given free admission to the Provincial and National Parks
It is also the 40th Anniversary of the Alaska Pipeline.
And most exciting of all, it is the 75th Anniversary of the completion of the Alaska Highway!
We arrived back at Marie's place at 4 PM on Sunday, Barb was there to meet us, along with some of Marie's family.
Here we are the evening before we left on June 21...... |

.......and here we are when we returned on August 6.
(And, NO! Steve did NOT wear the same clothes for 6-1/2 weeks!ππ)
 |
After Marie and Barb removed their belongings from the RV, I drove to Steve's house and helped him unload his stuff. When I got home to my house, the first words when I walked in the door were, "Honey. you would have loved this trip!" (If you recall from my first blog post, it was originally a dream of John's and mine). It was a GREAT trip! Naturally, we ladies all would have rather done it with our husbands, but this was a great second best!
Joel brought me home to my house after I took the cleaned-out RV over to their farm where it is stored. (Actual Cleaning will happen later this week, as it is dirty!) At 9 PM Sunday night I called Marie about her cherries. (Remember she had bought a case of cherries in Montana? She accidently left them in the RV frig.) I asked if she was in bed already and she told me, "NO! Barb is here! Why don't you come over?" (Barb had been away for supper and had stopped in on her way home.) So I put the cherries in the car, along with a few other things of theirs that I found, and headed to Ephrata! We had coffee together, chatted about the trip, and again marvelled how God's goodness and faithfulness had followed us all these days, and all these miles. And before we said goodnight at 10:15, we made plans to meet for breakfast!
Here we are at Manheim's Brickhouse Cafe Monday morning! |
 |
After breakfast we headed over to the farm to get our stuff out of the under-bed storage compartment, which we had forgotten!π
and then decided it was time to stop partying and get back to real life!
We want to thank all of you who have joined us on our trip by following our blog, and for all the lovely comments. I am sorry we did not reply to all of them, but please know that they were read, shared with each other, and greatly appreciated!
I cannot close this blog without giving GOD all the glory for His marvelous care and keeping as we traveled 11,500 miles, driving 225 hours! As we realize all the things that could have gone wrong, we know that He has given His angels charge over us, and has kept us in all our ways! WE ARE BLESSED!
π΅Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee...
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Savior God to Thee...
How great thou art! How great thou art!π΅
#thensingsmysoul #howgreatThouart #awesomewander
-MEBS |
Wow!! You got home Sunday! For some reason I thought your last post was Saturday and you'd get home Monday. I read that wrong. I'm sorry you have to get back to real life now. I have enjoyed this trip SO MUCH. It must have been great to see Barb again. I had to laugh at the things your forgot as you exited your living space. Also the comment about Steve wearing the exact same outfit at beginning and end of the trip! And I cried when you told John how much he would have enjoyed the trip. Hugs to all three of you precious women being so adventurous even in your loss.
ReplyDeleteNow you made me cry! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Elaine! So happy you had this time... sorry it wasn't like originally intended :( But how gracious you have been. And how pleased the Lord must be with you! ~Joyce
ReplyDeleteWell...small world. I am from Millersport, Ohio. How nice to see the name of my little hometown come up in someone's blog! We are traveling there later this month for a visit with family. I have so enjoyed traveling along with you on your amazing journey! Thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDelete