 |
We headed down the road at 7:30 AM, continuing south on the western Wyoming border, sometimes crossing back into Idaho for a few miles. We had a full day of driving ahead, as we made our way toward Missouri. The mountains created a picturesque background for the many ranches and farms. |
 |
| World's largest Elkhorn Arch, stretching across the wide highway through town. |
 |
| A lot of irrigation is necessary to make anything green in these rugged ranch lands. |
 |
| As we drove we left the farming land and hit the rugged hills. |
 |
| Rugged rock formations lined the roadways. |
 |
| Snow fences. |
 |
| We saw only a few bodies of water today. |
At the south end of Wyoming, Route 30 took us to the Interstate 80. We passed through the Land of Lincoln.....with this bust as a memorial to him. We continued east on 80 the rest of the day and found ourselves in Nebraska, another state we had never been in.

 |
We camped tonight at Point of Rocks Campground in Potter, Nebraska. It was only $20 with full hook-ups, the most reasonable price yet! We were not even set up yet when we learned why. If you look right above that fence you will see a train. This is the mainline, east and west, of the Union Pacific Railroad, and trains went about every 20 minutes all evening. And they were long! Two of the three I counted were over 100 cars long! It would be a train lovers paradise! And we did enjoy the trains! But we are wondering how we will sleep tonight. At times the rumbling and noise feels like the train is coming right through our RV! However, it was a lovely evening to sit outside and relax until almost dark! (For supper we had refrigerator clean-out. After we were done eating and everything was cleaned up, I found the now-cold reheated leftover cheesey cauliflower in the microwave!😒) |
I'll be eager to read "the rest of the story" - of your night with the trains! The changing landscapes are so very fascinating! I need to go to the map now to see where you were. Nebraska is as far west as we had ever been until this year. I have a penpal who lived in Milford, NE and we visited them in 1985.
ReplyDeleteThe Elkhorn Arch is really something! Wow! Now, those snow fences made me shudder. That is not a place I would want to be in the winter!! Again, you have treated us to lovely photos. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't sleep so once again as I often do I read your awesome blog, touring the countryside along with you all through the awesome pictures and commentaries. What a journey!! Blessings to you all and continued safe travels home.
ReplyDelete