We awoke to overcast skies, and after breakfast in the motel dining room, headed out. Halifax was our destination for today. Our first stop was at the Welcome Center just inside the Nova Scotia border. We got some good information for our time in this province.
We are really enjoying Tim Hortons coffee here in Canada!!.....
.....the coffee drinkers in our group, that is!
The one you do not see in the picture does not drink coffee!
Poor Margie! I don't think she knows what she is missing!
She opted for a healthier blueberry drink!
She gave me a taste. It was a great choice!
Marie took the wheel from here. I was gettting very sleepy from my short night, after my "fright"!
It soon started to rain. We finally arrived at Halifax. It was mid-afternoon. We decided to get lodging right away, before it got too late. We did not want a repeat of the last two nights!
So, sitting in the car in a parking lot in the rain, Margie and I started making phone calls. And we heard the same story! OH NO!!! Everything was full! 😟We got a phone number from someone we spoke with, which hooked us up to a booking agency. She began looking for lodging for us and was also coming up empty!😟 So for the third day in a row, we needed to pray for a place to sleep! The lady finally found us two rooms at Truro. But that was an hour and a half back the way we had come! AND only one bed in each room, which meant we had to share a bed!😟 HOWEVER, we were about desperate and said it was better than spending the night in the car! So we booked it and turned our car around. All this time there was a steady rain. We tried to look on the bright side! If we had to back-track, today was the perfect day to do it, because we could not have done what we wanted to do in the rain anyway!😎
Fletchers Diner was a home-town place with delicious food!
Their sweet potato fries were the best I ever had!
(Sorry- no food pictures this time! We were too hungry to pause for pictures!😜)
After supper it was still drizzley, but we decided to go for a drive.
We had learned that the tidal bore is a place where the tide comes in twice a day, and then recedes, leaving a muddy shallow "river" bed. We wanted to see if we could find a place to get a good look.
We drove out of town, and found this gravel road.
It surprisingly lead us out to farm lands!
Since we didn't do much today except drive, we didn't have much for the blog!😞
So I decided to show you what farming looks like in Nova Scotia......
| This is a Nova Scotia Dairy Farm..... |
This is a Nova Scotia Wheat field......with the tidal bore in the backround.
This is a cute little red Nova Scotia barn.....and some pretty yellow flowers.
This is what a Nova Scotia corn field looks like.
Pardon the raindrops on the lens....
But I hope this gives you an idea of what kinds of equipment they use in Nova Scotia.
We drove out several miles then turned around to head back.We came to this sign along the road which brought hilarious gales of laughter again! (Margie said laughter exercises our livers. We have been getting a lot of liver exercise!😀😄) Anyway, we could not figure out why a sign along the road said Old Barns! We passed this church and saw that the name of it was Old Barns Church!
We waved down a passing car hoping it was a local. It was!
We learned from them that Old Barns is the name of a town!
We had earlier seen a sign that said Bible Hill.
These unsuspecting tour guides told us that was also the name of a town.
We asked about the tidal bore and where we could see it. They directed us to Tidal Bore Road.
We put it in the GPS and it took us to a road that was just opposite the Tidal Bore Inn!
So close to where we were staying, and we hadn't even known!😊
There we found the perfect viewing spot!
This is a screen shot on my GPS, of the little viewing spot......
While there we spoke with some folks who were eating these delicious looking sundaes!
We asked them where they got them, and they said MacDonalds!
So after another short drive to look up Bible Hill, we stopped for a bedtime snack!
The blueberry sundaes were delicious! We sure are getting our fill of blueberries!
It was the close of a rather uneventful, rainy and at times frustrating day.
But we made the best of it!
Sorry for the boring blog.😞 Hopefully tomorrow we will have better news from Nova Scotia!
Good night!
Not boring!! I’m sure each of us can remember frustrating times of needing to find lodging when everything is full. And have driven whole days in rain. I would have had fun exercising my liver along with you gals when you saw that sign! Glad you got all that good info from those people!
ReplyDeleteHi Elaine. Donna Kauffman, here. Do you remember who I am? I’m so excited to see your travels on the blog here. Rich and Elma Newswanger along with Bob and I are planning a trip to PEI the first week of October. Neither of us have been avid traverlers so we know little how to lay it out. I like that you’re paving the way 😁 and all we have to do is follow. 🙃 I loved the cute little villages you’ve been seeing. I will be reading and following you all along the way. I’m so happy you girls can make this trip. I know the Lord Jesus is journeying with you, and that you will each be most dearly blessed.
ReplyDelete