Friday, August 4, 2017

Thursday-August 3-Day 44-A Relaxing Day on the Farm

This day started out with breakfast on the porch again.....
Baked blueberry french toast with fresh blueberry syrup!
Anna is a great cook and hostess!
Just like her sister!
 They say they were taught by the best....their mother!

After breakfast Marie got  fresh corn ready for lunch,
and helped Anna can  tomato salsa.

 Then we took another drive up and down the hills to visit this little local bakery.
We had a nice visit with the proprietor, who grew up in Honeybrook, PA, and knew some of the same people we did.

Steve bought some peanut butter fudge and  my favorite chocolate chip cookies looked good to me!  But I'm not sure why, because I wasn't hungry!  No one goes hungry around here!
 Anna made roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy for supper,
and we had fresh peach pie for dessert! So good!


It was the close of another relaxing and beautiful day!




2 comments:

  1. Fudge and cookies, roast beef and all the trimmings....wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canned goods and husking corn - takes me back. I don't do much of that anymore.

    ReplyDelete