For breakfast this morning Bradley made delicious Eggs Benedict!
I like the way John and his sons often gather on the porch after meals to chat.
The guys had to get to work this morning so Steve and John did the chatting!
 |
| After breakfast we took another drive on the hilly roads (they really are fun! A bunch of tummy ticklers😁) to the town of Hamilton. It is the boyhood home of J. C. Penney. |
 |
| And Hamilton is also the Quilt Capital of the USA! |
 |
| They have some unique murals painted on the sides of buildings. |
 |
| Less than 10 years ago a family in tough financial straits, bought a long-arm quilting machine for their mom, and, on a shoe-string budget, purchased an old building on the streets of Hamilton. This began what is now, Missouri Star Quilt Company, which sends thousands of packages of fabric and supplies a day all over the globe. They offer the largest selection of pre-cut fabric in the world! They also have the biggest quilting channel on YouTube.There are 12 stores on this street in town, all with a different theme,....Primitive, Modern, Baby, Florals, Penney's Quilt Shop.....License to Sew....Machine Shed...and more |
 |
| They even have this Mans-Land, where the husbands and boyfriends can lounge and eat while their ladies shop! |
 |
| Before leaving town we stopped at a cafe along the street to get a snack. |
 |
On the way home Anna took us to see where John was clearing a fence row on their property. And below is the road that took us there!!😒Yikes!! |
 |
When we arrived back at the farm, Marie put on her boots
to go pick elderberries which were ripe along the road. She got a good harvest! |
 |
| John and Anna moved to Missouri over 40 years ago, along with two of Anna and Marie's brothers and their families. The brothers are gone now, but their wives are still living. And they have nieces and nephews living in the area. This evening some of them came for supper to see Marie. We ate grilled hamburgers with all the trimmings, macaroni salad, broccoli salad, cantelope, and fresh peach pie. Another delicious meal! And a delightful time of visiting! I even discovered I knew one of Marie's nieces back in our teen years! 😊 It really is a small world! |
 |
| The time is now late and we are leaving in the morning for our last two days of travel. Goodnight! |
They have a lovely home in a beautiful place. I really enjoyed learning about J.C. Penney's hometown and seeing all the murals. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteSo fascinating - the town of Hamilton!
ReplyDeleteOf course, now I'm curious who the relative was that you knew in your teen years!
So if this was your Saturday and you had two more days of travel, that means you're getting home tomorrow evening maybe? I don't think I want this trip to end. I'm having too much fun, LOL!